How to Take Care of Your New Tattoo:
It is important that you follow these after-care instructions, as it will give you the best results for your tattoo:
- If possible, try to get to a shower within two hours of being tattooed.
- Gently wash the tattooed area with a mild soap using your hand, then rinse under shower.
- Slowly turn the heat up on your tattoo until it’s slightly hotter. It will sting but get use to this heat then turn it up a little more. Keep doing this slowly until the heat is no longer bearable. This process will clean and get rid of any blood or excess ink that has dried on the skin.
- Pat dry with a clean, dry towel.
- Apply tattoo aftercare cream of your choice with clean hands and gently rub in.
- The next morning, follow the above shower instructions again. You may find that pj’s or sheets may have stuck to your tattoo during the night – be careful when pulling off!
Keep applying the aftercare cream until your tattoo is fully healed (generally 10-14 days). Apply the cream when your tattoo looks dry, approx 3-4 times a day. Always wash hands before and after applying cream.
DO NOT pick at your tattoo! This may pull ink out while it’s trying to heal. You may find that your tattoo can get quite itchy while it’s healing, DO NOT scratch your tattoo! DO NOT swim at the beach or the swimming pool while your tattoo is healing. You may go swimming after it has fully healed (14 days). ALWAYS use sunblock if you are going out in the sun, after your tattoo has healed. And lastly, personal hygiene is a must!!!
These guidelines are based on a combination of vast professional experience, common sense, research, and extensive clinical practice. This is not to be considered a substitute for medical advice from a doctor. If you suspect an infection, seek medical attention. Be aware that many doctors have not received specific training regarding tattooing. Your tattooist may be able to refer you to a tattoo friendly doctor.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or to get a quote for your tattoo needs. You can use the form to the right to email us, simply fill in your details (Name, Email Address, Message required) and click ‘Submit”.
Note: If you haven’t heard from us within 24 hours please check your spam or junk box.